Friday, February 24, 2012

CHICKEN POX PARTIES, I SAY "NO"

I'm not an expert on raising children.  I have two.  They are grown now.  I made plenty of mistakes and did some dumb things.  The good news is children are survivors and can pretty much overcome most raisings.

When I saw on the news that parents were having Chicken Pox Parties so their children could get the disease, I thought how silly can you be.http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6772216&page=1

 Of course when my kids were young, there was no vaccine for Chicken Pox.  They eventually got them.
My kids were very sick.  It was not a party and it was not fun. I hated every minute of it and felt bad because my kids felt bad.  I was very happy to be past that ordeal when it was over.

Looking back, I am shamed by the fact that we didn't use seat belts (when they were really small, we  didn't have seat belts)  and let them sleep on their tummies (a real no no today).  I take comfort in knowing, I never took mine to a Chicken Pox Party.

OPINION OF THE DAY:  JUST SAY "NO" TO CHICKEN POX PARTIES.

No comments: